Dr. W. Bruce Wren Food Animal Incentive Award
Congratulations to the five highly qualified postgraduate recipients of WVC’s 2017 Food Animal Incentive Awards. We celebrate your commitment to Food Animal practice.
Dr. Kathryn Anderson
Mississippi State University
Dr. Sydney Crosby
University of Georgia
Dr. Addie Felten
Tufts Ambulatory Service
Dr. Jenna Funk
Iowa State University
Dr. Lacey Robinson
Kansas State University
The Dr. W. Bruce Wren Food Animal Incentive Awards recognize recent graduates from veterinary colleges or schools to:
- Encourage veterinarians to enter food animal practice or other careers directly related to food animal practice, such as food animal education and/or research.
- Help develop their leadership skills and aid their progress as future leaders in food animal practice and related activities.
- Showcase the educational enrichment opportunities offered by WVC.
- A graduate of an AVMA-accredited college or school of veterinary medicine.
- An intern or first-year resident in theriogenology, production medicine, or food animal medicine/surgery. The training program must by recognized by AAVC.
- Complete the application form
- Provide resume and a brief description of your current veterinary activities.
- Describe your specific area(s) of interest in food animal medicine and production. (500 words maximum)
- Describe your career goals and objectives. How might this award help you achieve your plans? (500 words maximum)
- Letters of recommendation from two (2) veterinary mentors are requested.
- Begin applying online – September 18, 2017
- Applications are due – October 31, 2017
- Recipients will be announced – December 4, 2017
- WVC Annual Conference – March 4-8, 2018