Canine Sports Medicine, Rehabilitation & Regenerative Medicine
May 25 - 27, 2017Register Now
About This Course
This three day course will provide knowledge in lecture form and hands-on laboratory experience to guide participants in learning diagnosis and treatment options for challenging forelimb and hind limb conditions, musculoskeletal diagnostic ultrasound, and regenerative medicine. Demonstrations and active group participation will be conducted with both live dogs for physical evaluations and cadavers for the training of musculoskeletal diagnostic ultrasound and regenerative medicine. Day one will include palpitation and assessment of forelimb and hind limb conditions, objective gait analysis, and orthopedic devices (stifle braces, carpal orthotics, prosthetics, etc). Day two will include an introduction to musculoskeletal diagnostic ultrasound which includes learning techniques for diagnosing soft tissue sports-related injuries. Day three focuses how to incorporate platelet rich plasma (PRP), hyaluronic acid (HA), and stem cell therapy into your practice with hands-on experience guiding you through collection, processing, intra-articular and ultrasound-guided injections.
MEALS – Complimentary
Lunch provided on full-day courses.
Dinners to go – We’ve found that at the end of a long course day participants are looking forward to returning to their hotel to relax. We realize that our preferred lodging partner doesn’t have a restaurant on site or located close to the hotel. To help make things easier for you we will provide a hot meal, at the end of each full course day, with to go containers so you can bring it back to the hotel with you. On the last day of the course we will provide something a little easier to transport for those heading to the airport. This will not apply to those courses that end midafternoon – only those that end at noon or 5:00PM.
What You Will Learn
- “This is an awesome setup. The Center, the hotel arrangements, the teachers, it has been a great experience.” - -Mickey James Golden
- “They recognized the differences in our skill level and they maintained the mission to help everyone achieve the necessary skills to properly perform a quality TPLO surgery. WVC’s Oquendo fills a big void in veterinary CE. Thank you.” - TPLO Participant
- “Excellent Course. I feel capable of doing all of these procedures following the instruction given. Great materials to take home for refresher, as well. Thank you.” - Practical Techniques in Soft Tissue & Orthopedic Surgery Participant
- “I thoroughly enjoyed this course and learned a lot which I will be able to utilize in my everyday practice.” - Advance Tooth Extractions & Fractured Tips Participant
- “Great instructors, opportunity to practice and refine techniques. Thank you for a great course!” - - Natasha Wood
- “Much more practical than just sitting through class lectures. Appreciated doctors and the ease of receiving helpful instructions.” - Advance Tooth Extractions & Fractured Tips Participant
- “Thanks for your patience and skillful instruction. Best lab I’ve ever had. Anxious to go home and practice.” - Basic Abdominal Ultrasound Participant
- “The in-depth practical nature of the course coupled with the small class size and the ability to interact with highly skilled instructors makes this course very valuable. The high ratio of labs to lecture.” - Advanced Spinal Surgery Participant
- “I’ve been coming to the Oquendo Center for the last 7-8 years in different courses. For me, there’s no one better for lectures and hands-on labs. I’m certainly grateful, you’ve brought me so much knowledge and I’ve achieved so much because of WVC. Thank you!” - aFlexible & Rigid Endoscopy Participant
- “Good balance of foundational principals, current research and principle application.” - TPLO Participant
- “Wonderful program, now I have a better picture of all procedures preformed and feel confident. I wish the center all the best! Thank you Dr.s Waldron, Olsen, Bilicki and Support Staff!” - Core Surgery Procedures for the Companion Animal Participant
- “What an awesome experience! The technical staff is stellar, the instructors are incredible. So much practical learning in terms of medicine in addition to the actual equipment training, which I found invaluable.” - Jessica Loweth, Flexible & Rigid Endoscopy Participant
- “GREAT ULTRASOUND LAB. More comfortable with scanning abdomen now.” - Intermediate Abdominal Ultrasound Participant
- “The facility was great, the instructors were helpful and patient. I learned a lot and will come back for more CEs later!” - Cruciate Management by CBLO Participant
- “The best CE I have done in 12 years, super useful information.” - Practical Techniques in Soft tissue and Orthopedic Surgery Participant
- “Great course, excellent lectures. Love it!!! Will certainly recommend this course to my colleagues. This is a great opportunity to grow. Thank you for offering this course.” - Minimally Invasive Joint Surgery & Arthroscopy Participant
- “A fantastic experience! The coaching by the instructors was informative and non-threatening. I really learned how to self-assess and continue to enhance my presenting skills. In a short period of time, I have improved my communication skills not only on the stage but also in individual and group discussions.” - How to Engage an Audience Participant
- “Wonderful – nice staff and easy to talk to teachers. Strong course.” - TPLO Surgery for ACL Injury Participant
- “Thank you! It was great to just get to “play” and learn so much in a friendly/comfortable environment.” - Advance Tooth Extractions & Fractured Tips Participant
- “Beautiful facility! I very much enjoyed the one-on-one experience” - Ophthalmic Surgery for the GP Participant
- “This has been my first experience of the WVC (Oquendo Center) and I have been thoroughly impressed. I hope to return on a regular basis for CE.” - Minimally Invasive Joint Surgery & Arthroscopy Participant
- “I have been to many national CE meetings and this was far and away the best CE experience I have ever had. Drs. Beale & Hulse are excellent instructors, very knowledgeable, approachable and nice. I am extremely satisfied and will be back.” - Principles of Fracture Repair Participant
- “This course has made me feel more comfortable and confident about a wide variety of surgical procedures.” - Practical Techniques in Soft tissue and Orthopedic Surgery Participant
- “I have had a wonderful learning experience. I will take back knowledge and skills that I previously did not have.” - Minimally Invasive Joint Surgery & Arthroscopy Participant
- “Drs. Canapp & Care were excellent both in their instruction and hands on demos/wet labs. All aspects of this meeting met more than my expectations. Their excitement about the work they do is contagious and a motivation for me.” - Canine Sports Medicine & Regenerative Medicine participant
- “The Oquendo Center provides excellent practical CE. Third visit this year and it has met and exceeded expectations.” - Principles of Fracture Repair Participant
- “Excellent instructors and intriguing course material.” - Canine Sports Medicine & Regenerative Medicine Participant
- “Great course, great instructors, very applicable to clinical practice. THANK YOU!” - Advance Tooth Extraction Participant
WVC’s official lodging partner is Hampton Inn & Suites Las Vegas Airport. Special lodging discounts are available to participants attending courses at the Oquendo Center. Please make these arrangements once you have purchased your course by calling 702.647.8000 and be sure to mention that you are attending a course at the Oquendo Center. To make a reservation online, please click here. To receive the discounted rate, please enter the code found in your WVC course confirmation receipt.
For any other questions about lodging, please contact Penny McKay (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Hampton Inn & Suites lodging includes:
- Hampton Inn provides complimentary ground transportation to/from airport (call hotel at 702.647.8000 to arrange service).
- Hampton Inn provides complimentary breakfast daily starting at 6:00a.
- Ground transportation to/from hotel and Oquendo Center.
- Be ready at the Hampton Inn lobby 30 minutes in advance of course start time and board the WVC van for the short ride to the Oquendo Center. View Map.
- Return to the hotel at the end of the instructional day.
The proximity from the Hampton Inn to the Oquendo Center is 0.95 miles. The proximity from the Hampton Inn to the Las Vegas Strip is about 5.5 miles.
If you are a Hilton HHonors points member, please provide your member number upon check-in.
Did you know that there are over 124,000 hotel rooms in Las Vegas? Need a little help deciding where to stay?
Public transportation in Las Vegas is limited. If you are staying somewhere other than our preferred partner, Hampton Inn & Suites Las Vegas Airport, you will need to arrange for your transportation to and from the Oquendo Center. If you are renting a car, Mandalay Bay, Luxor and several other hotels on the strip may charge for parking. Other transportation options for getting around are taxi service, Uber and Lyft.
Other Hotels Options
2300 Paseo Verde Pkwy
Distance to Oquendo Center: 8.7 miles
Dining/Shopping: The Disctrict at Green Valley Ranch
Amenities: Airport and Strip shuttle
3950 S. Las Vegas Blvd.
Distance to Oquendo Center: 5.9 miles
Dining/Shopping: Restaurants in casino
Amenities: Shark Reef, One, several nightclubs
*Taxes not included
WARNING: Booking hotel reservations through unofficial or unauthorized websites or third party housing providers may put your identity at risk. Please make your reservations directly through the hotel website or a travel site with which you are familiar.
What are the terms and conditions?
Terms of Payment
WVC Hands-on Course fees must be paid in full at the time of online enrollment. Should you wish to pay by check, please make check payable to Oquendo Center and mail check and registration form to P.O. Box 50755, Henderson, NV 89016.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
- Cancellations received 60 or more calendar days prior to the course start date will receive the course fee paid minus a $75 processing fee. Registration amount paid may be applied to another course, if an opening exists, without incurring a processing fee.
- Cancellations received 30-59 calendar days prior to the course start date will receive a refund of half of the paid course registration fee.
- Cancellations received 29 calendar days or less prior to the course start date will receive no refund or credit.
Participants who leave a course once it has begun will not be entitled to a refund or credit. This includes online course study.
Participants who fail to show up on time or miss portions of the course will not be entitled to a refund or credit.
If WVC cancels a course, the full registration fee will be refunded. WVC assumes no responsibility for any additional expenses incurred as a result of course cancellation.
Requests for cancellations must be in writing. Email to email@example.com or fax to 702-739-6420. The policy is effective beginning June 1, 2016.
To download the WVC Cancellation Policy, please click here.
WVC may release your contact information to sponsoring companies. As an attendee, your image may be captured and used for future promotional purposes.
For additional information please contact Carolyn Verduzco at firstname.lastname@example.org
Is this course RACE approved?
WVC submits all courses for RACE approval approximately 45 days from the course.
When will I receive my confirmation receipt?
Your confirmation receipt will be sent to you once your registration has been processed. Additional important information will be included on your receipt. We recommend that you print the receipt for your records.
What should I wear? Do I need to bring anything?
Wear comfortable clothing and closed-toe shoes. Scrubs are preferred and are available onsite.
When do I receive my CE Certificate?
CE Certificates will be sent via email five business days after the course.
What meals are included in each course?
A light breakfast (coffee, tea, danishes and fruit), full lunch, and dinner the first night of the course.
Can you accommodate special dietary needs?
Yes, please indicate any dietary preferences at the time of registration. WVC will do our best to accommodate all request but cannot guarantee all dietary needs will be met.
Can I store luggage at the Oquendo Center while I am in the course?
Yes, please check it in at the Oquendo Center front desk.
I haven't received an email prior to the course. What should I do?
You should receive an email about your course a few weeks prior. If you have not received anything, please check your spam box. If WVC emails are landing in spam you can either add WVC, email@example.com, to your email contacts or adjust your spam filter. Adjusting your spam filter varies based upon your email server. If you still cannot find our emails, please email Penny McKay at firstname.lastname@example.org for course information.
Do you have transportation services from the Oquendo Center to the airport?
At the conclusion of the course, the Oquendo Center Shuttle does stop at the airport on the way back to the Hampton Inn.
The course I selected is full and I have been placed on the wait list. What can I expect?
When a spot becomes available, WVC will contact you directly.