Ophthalmology in General Practice
September 17, 2017Register Now
About This Course
Learn from renowned veterinary ophthalmologist Mary B. Glaze how to best approach ocular disease found in your patients. During the course Dr. Glaze begins by sharing pointers on how to conduct an orderly and thorough examination. Superficial ulcers in the dog and cat will be discussed and best treatment practices will be shared. Non-ulcerative corneal disease will be covered along with maintenance of the ocular surface. Canine and feline uveitis clinical signs, appropriate work-up and treatment options will be shared. The course wraps up by looking at acute care for the critical eye and offers suggestions for which patients can be handled in-house and when it is best to refer. This course is recommended for general practitioners and veterinary technicians who wish to learn the best approaches for handling ocular disease.
Breakfast and lunch are included.
Onsite registration is available for $115.00
LODGING AND PARKING INFORMATION
JW Marriott Downtown Indianapolis
10 S West Street
Indianapolis, IN 46204
Room rates for Saturday, September 16th at $159.
The Government Center Washington St. Parking Facility is connected via a sky bridge to the hotel. Rate is only $10 for the day and very convenient. The entrance is located on Missouri street. Proceed to the third floor and take the bridge across to the J.W. Marriott.
What You Will Learn
- “This is an awesome setup. The Center, the hotel arrangements, the teachers, it has been a great experience.” - -Mickey James Golden
- “They recognized the differences in our skill level and they maintained the mission to help everyone achieve the necessary skills to properly perform a quality TPLO surgery. WVC’s Oquendo fills a big void in veterinary CE. Thank you.” - TPLO Participant
- “Excellent Course. I feel capable of doing all of these procedures following the instruction given. Great materials to take home for refresher, as well. Thank you.” - Practical Techniques in Soft Tissue & Orthopedic Surgery Participant
- “I thoroughly enjoyed this course and learned a lot which I will be able to utilize in my everyday practice.” - Advance Tooth Extractions & Fractured Tips Participant
- “Great instructors, opportunity to practice and refine techniques. Thank you for a great course!” - - Natasha Wood
- “Much more practical than just sitting through class lectures. Appreciated doctors and the ease of receiving helpful instructions.” - Advance Tooth Extractions & Fractured Tips Participant
- “Thanks for your patience and skillful instruction. Best lab I’ve ever had. Anxious to go home and practice.” - Basic Abdominal Ultrasound Participant
- “The in-depth practical nature of the course coupled with the small class size and the ability to interact with highly skilled instructors makes this course very valuable. The high ratio of labs to lecture.” - Advanced Spinal Surgery Participant
- “I’ve been coming to the Oquendo Center for the last 7-8 years in different courses. For me, there’s no one better for lectures and hands-on labs. I’m certainly grateful, you’ve brought me so much knowledge and I’ve achieved so much because of WVC. Thank you!” - aFlexible & Rigid Endoscopy Participant
- “Good balance of foundational principals, current research and principle application.” - TPLO Participant
- “Wonderful program, now I have a better picture of all procedures preformed and feel confident. I wish the center all the best! Thank you Dr.s Waldron, Olsen, Bilicki and Support Staff!” - Core Surgery Procedures for the Companion Animal Participant
- “What an awesome experience! The technical staff is stellar, the instructors are incredible. So much practical learning in terms of medicine in addition to the actual equipment training, which I found invaluable.” - Jessica Loweth, Flexible & Rigid Endoscopy Participant
- “GREAT ULTRASOUND LAB. More comfortable with scanning abdomen now.” - Intermediate Abdominal Ultrasound Participant
- “The facility was great, the instructors were helpful and patient. I learned a lot and will come back for more CEs later!” - Cruciate Management by CBLO Participant
- “The best CE I have done in 12 years, super useful information.” - Practical Techniques in Soft tissue and Orthopedic Surgery Participant
- “Great course, excellent lectures. Love it!!! Will certainly recommend this course to my colleagues. This is a great opportunity to grow. Thank you for offering this course.” - Minimally Invasive Joint Surgery & Arthroscopy Participant
- “A fantastic experience! The coaching by the instructors was informative and non-threatening. I really learned how to self-assess and continue to enhance my presenting skills. In a short period of time, I have improved my communication skills not only on the stage but also in individual and group discussions.” - How to Engage an Audience Participant
- “Wonderful – nice staff and easy to talk to teachers. Strong course.” - TPLO Surgery for ACL Injury Participant
- “Thank you! It was great to just get to “play” and learn so much in a friendly/comfortable environment.” - Advance Tooth Extractions & Fractured Tips Participant
- “Beautiful facility! I very much enjoyed the one-on-one experience” - Ophthalmic Surgery for the GP Participant
- “This has been my first experience of the WVC (Oquendo Center) and I have been thoroughly impressed. I hope to return on a regular basis for CE.” - Minimally Invasive Joint Surgery & Arthroscopy Participant
- “I have been to many national CE meetings and this was far and away the best CE experience I have ever had. Drs. Beale & Hulse are excellent instructors, very knowledgeable, approachable and nice. I am extremely satisfied and will be back.” - Principles of Fracture Repair Participant
- “This course has made me feel more comfortable and confident about a wide variety of surgical procedures.” - Practical Techniques in Soft tissue and Orthopedic Surgery Participant
- “I have had a wonderful learning experience. I will take back knowledge and skills that I previously did not have.” - Minimally Invasive Joint Surgery & Arthroscopy Participant
- “Drs. Canapp & Care were excellent both in their instruction and hands on demos/wet labs. All aspects of this meeting met more than my expectations. Their excitement about the work they do is contagious and a motivation for me.” - Canine Sports Medicine & Regenerative Medicine participant
- “The Oquendo Center provides excellent practical CE. Third visit this year and it has met and exceeded expectations.” - Principles of Fracture Repair Participant
- “Excellent instructors and intriguing course material.” - Canine Sports Medicine & Regenerative Medicine Participant
- “Great course, great instructors, very applicable to clinical practice. THANK YOU!” - Advance Tooth Extraction Participant
Lodging at JW Marriott Indianapolis: $159
What are the Terms and Conditions?
Terms of Payment
WVC On the Road Courses fees must be paid in full at the time of online enrollment. Should you wish to pay by check, please make check payable to Western Veterinary Conference and mail check and registration form to P.O. Box 50755, Henderson, NV 89016. Credit cards will only be accepted at onsite registration, no cash or checks.
Cancellation by WVC
WVC reserves the right to cancel courses at any time due to inadequate enrollment. Every effort will be made to notify registrants as early as possible of a course cancellation. A full refund of the course registration fee will be issued to the registrant in a timely manner. All fees and charges for travel and lodging arranged by the registrant are the sole responsibility of the registrant.
Cancellation by Registrant
Any person wishing to cancel their registration for a WVC On The Road course must make the request in writing by email, fax, or mail 30 days in advance of the course. A $35.00 processing fee will be applied. For your convenience, course registration is transferable to another qualified individual. A request for transfer of registration must be for the same course and must be completed by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by faxing at 702.739.6420.
WVC may release your contact information to sponsoring companies. As an attendee, your image may be captured and used for future promotional purposes.
For additional information please contact Penny McKay at email@example.com.
What is included with my registration?
A continental breakfast and lunch are included. Course notes provided at the start of the class.
I have food allergies. Who should I contact?
Please indicate any dietary preferences at the time of registration. WVC will do our best to accommodate all request but cannot guarantee all dietary needs will be met.
How many CE Hours can I earn?
CE hours vary for each course but usually 6 hours. Please refer to the course description to view what CE hours are earned for the course.
Are the courses RACE Approved?
WVC submits all courses for RACE approval approximately 45 days from the course.
When will I receive my Certificates of Attendance?
Certificates for the course will be sent via email five business days after the course. For previous OTR certificates or other WVC continued education events, please submit your request by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Where do I park?
Parking information will be sent in the email reminder prior to the course.
Can I walk in and register onsite?
Yes, onsite fees would apply. Please refer to the course description for pricing.
Can I bring a guest to attend the course?
We do not have guest registration, full registration would apply. Please refer to the course description for pricing.