Your CE Adventure Starts Here
WVC presents the second Destination CE with a trip to Herradura, Costa Rica for five nights, Sept. 16-21, 2018. Stay at Los Suenos Marriott Ocean & Golf Resort, which is only minutes away from picturesque nature preserves and the world-famous Jaco Beach. Earn CE as renowned instructors Drs. Michael Lappin and Catriona MacPhail lead sessions on feline infectious diseases and soft tissue surgery. During downtime, enjoy fun outdoor activities including horseback riding, zip-lining, and hiking.
Continuing education will be spread across four days, using a case-based approach to update participants on “HOT TOPICS IN FELINE INFECTIOUS DISEASES AND SOFT TISSUE SURGERY,” with Drs. Michael Lappin and Catriona MacPhail. These expert speakers in feline medicine and surgery will explore infectious diseases, up-to-date diagnostic and treatment techniques, and preventive medicine.
Through this unique offering, you’ll combine fast-paced scientific learning complete with 12 hours of continuing education in feline medicine with an enjoyable vacation and career-enhancing networking opportunities.
- Diagnose and treat infectious disease
- Manage flea-associated and tick-borne illnesses
- Discover hot topics in feline disease
- Explore trends in feline surgical techniques
Space is limited and expected to sell out!
CE Course Cost – $895
Please Note: Participants must book stay at host hotel in order to participate in CE. View hotel details below.
Instructors of Feline Medicine & Surgery
Drs. Lappin and MacPhail will use a case-based approach to update participants on approximately 30 Hot Topics in feline infectious diseases and soft tissue surgery. Topics include the diagnosis and treatment of Giardia, Tritrichomonas, Hemoplasmas, Bartonella, and URI as well as updates on a number of GI and urinary surgical diseases.
Registration is a two-step process:
Step 1: Click on the blue “Book Hotel” button below to reserve your accommodations or contact:
Tel: (506) 2630-9033
Please reference WVC to receive the WVC room rate. We request that all those participating in CE with Drs. Lappin and MacPhail, book accommodation within WVC’s room block.
Room reservations must be booked by July 3, 2018. All individual reservations must be guaranteed by one night deposit with a major credit card. Please secure your hotel room before registering for CE to ensure you receive the special rate.Book Hotel
Step 2: Click on the green button to purchase the CE portion of your trip.
Earn 12 hours of CE in Feline Medicine & Surgery. Space is limited and expected to sell out.
Cost of CE – $895
Please Note: Participants must book stay at host hotel in order to participate in CE.
View hotel details below.
WVC suggests arriving Sunday, September 16, 2018, and depart Friday, September 21, 2018. Participants should plan to fly into Juan Santamaria Airport (SJO) in Alajuela, Costa Rica.
Participants must book within the WVC Room Block. Room rates are double occupancy and subject to applicable local taxes. Please see the package prices below:
- Rainforest View – $380 per night ($1,900/five nights)
- Garden Terrace – $400 per night($2,000/five nights)
- Ocean View – $430 per night ($2,150/five nights)
- Partial Ocean Balcony – $450 per night ($2,250/five nights)
- Ocean Front View – $480 per night ($2,400/five nights)
Room rate includes:
- Daily buffet breakfast at Hacienda Kitchen Restaurant
- Daily buffet lunch with unlimited drinks (House Wines, Local Beer, Soft drinks)
- Daily buffet dinner with unlimited drinks (House Wines, Local Beer, Soft drinks)
- Tennis Courts / Local Calls / Fitness center / Tortuga Kids Club
- Free Internet in rooms and common areas
Additional fees charged upon check-out:
- $2 per room, per day gratuity to housekeeping
- $5 per person gratuity to bellman
Additional rates are per day:
- Children 0-6 years, free
- Children 7-12 years, $99 (plus taxes)
- Children over 12 and additional adults $125 (plus taxes)
Please disregard Marriott’s notice of a $25 per day resort fee. Rooms booked through WVC’s block will not incur this charge.
Choose from a variety of excursions, including:
Monday, September 17, 2018
ATV Tour – 9:00a & 1:00p
Zip Line Canopy Tour – 9:00a & 1:00p
Tuesday, September 18, 2018
Costa Rica Horseback Riding and Waterfalls – 10:00a & 1:00p
Mangrove Tour – 7:30a & 2:00p
Wednesday, September 19, 2018
Aerial Tram – 9:30a & 2:00p
Caraca National Park – 12:30p
Manuel Antonio National Park – 7:00a
- Shuttle service from Juan Santamaria Airport in San Jose to Los Sueños Marriott Hotel
- Bilingual assistance inside of the Airport by Canatur
- Bilingual assistance outside of the Aiport by a Swiss Travel representative
- Bottle of water
Rate per person: $60 USD (minimum of 2 people)
- Shuttle service from Los Sueños Marriott Hotel to Juan Santamaria Airport in San Jose
- Bottle of water
Rate per person: $58 USD (minimum of 2 people)
Swiss Travel Service will provide transportation according to the particular group needs. To ensure a high standard of services, Swiss Travel Service owns and operates a modern air- conditioned fleet of buses. Large buses are equipped with reclining seats, radio system and some of them offer restroom facilities.