Dr. W. Bruce Wren Food Animal Incentive Award
Congratulations to the five highly qualified recipients of The Dr. Bruce Wren Food Animal Incentive Awards 2017. We celebrate your commitment to Food Animal practice.
Dr. Kathryn Anderson
Mississippi State University
Dr. Sydney Crosby
University of Georgia
Dr. Addie Felten
Tufts Ambulatory Service
Dr. Jenna Funk
Iowa State University
Dr. Lacey Robinson
Kansas State University
The Dr. W. Bruce Wren Food Animal Incentive Awards recognize recent graduates from veterinary colleges or schools to:
- Encourage veterinarians to enter food animal practice or other careers directly related to food animal practice, such as food animal education and/or research.
- Assist in the development of leadership skills and aid in the progress of future leaders in food animal practice and related activities.
- Showcase the educational enrichment opportunities offered by WVC.
- A graduate of an AVMA-accredited college or school of veterinary medicine.
Currently be enrolled in advanced training program from an AVMA-accredited school (internship, residency or related graduate program) directly related to food or fiber production related to beef, dairy or small ruminant.
Recipients must be able to attend the WVC Annual Conference to receive the award.
- Recipients receive a $1,000 cash award, complimentary registration, lodging, airfare, and a daily stipend to attend the 2018 WVC Annual Conference in Las Vegas, Nevada on March 4-8, 2018.
- Each award recipient is also entitled to one year subscription to the WVC Learning Library, a $198 value.
- Complete the application form
- Provide resume and a brief description of your current veterinary activities.
- Describe your specific area(s) of interest in food animal medicine and production (500 words maximum).
- Describe your career goals and objectives. How might this award help you achieve your plans? (500 words maximum)
- Letters of recommendation from two (2) veterinary mentors are requested.
- Apply online – September 18, 2017
- Applications are due – October 31, 2017
- Recipients will be announced – December 4, 2017
- WVC Annual Conference – March 4-8, 2018