Gain Confidence with Hands-on Training in Key Clinical Disciplines
Excellent patient care begins with essential communication skills. The Recent Graduate Symposium will provide interactive exercises allowing you to communicate with owners and your clinical team more effectively, building confidence to tackle any situation.
Dentistry is an important part of your veterinary practice and one that plays an important part of your overall care goals. In this course, you will learn basic dental principles that will immediately benefit your patents. Through lecture and hands-on practice under the guidance of Board certified instructors by the American Veterinary Dental College, you will gain confidence in treating common oral pathology. Patient comfort will be highlighted along with patient management, post-operative care, and owner compliance.
Are you uncomfortable when faced with an emergency case? This course focuses on key emergency procedures that can most effectively be taught through hands-on, repeated practice. These common practical techniques will be shown and learned giving you the confidence to save a life in an emergency situation.
- Participants will be able to identify overall communication goals and desired clinical outcome
- Illustrate downfalls to effective communications
- Identify barriers to effective communications
- Utilize the C.A.R.E. model to improve communications
- Engage in reflective responding to ensure that correct interpretations are occurring
- Learn how to build rapport and trust with your clients and encourage compliance and return visits
- How to perform effective regional nerve block techniques in dogs and cats
- Fundamentals of Oral Surgery coupled with dental radiographic interpretation
- Gingival flap design and extraction techniques for single and multiple rooted teeth
- Step-by-step hands-on instruction in both canine and feline
- Oral surgery instrument selection and care (sharpening)
- Treatment planning on feline cadavers through the use of preoperative intraoral radiographs
- How to measure extraction success by utilizing postoperative radiographs
Emergency & Critical Care
- Participants will learn key emergency procedures to improve patient care
- Practice correct procedures for performing the following:
- Thoracic drain placement
- Bone marrow aspirate
- Bone marrow biopsy
- Bone marrow catheterization
- Nasal cannulae placement
- Venous cutdown
Cost: $1,500Enroll Now
(Click for More Information)
Emergency/ Critical Care
* Room rate cutoff is June 25, 2018.