Dr. Jack Walther Leadership Award
|Maggie Thompson||Auburn University|
|Cindy Vaca||Colorado State University|
|Ariana Boltax||Cornell University|
|Janelle Lum||Iowa State University|
|Maxwell Beal||Kansas State University|
|Kelsey Salsbury||Louisiana State University|
|Brianna Gruber||Maple Woods Community College (Technician)|
|Jennifer Fletcher||Maple Woods Community College (Technician)|
|William Jumper||Mississippi State University|
|Kristen Malinak||North Carolina State University|
|Kaitlyn Belanger||Oklahoma State University|
|Nicole White||Oregon State University|
|Janet Roque Torres||Purdue University|
|Caitlin Conner||Texas A&M University|
|Alec Repasy||The Ohio State University|
|Justina Bartling||Tufts University|
|Shakera Fudge||Tuskegee University|
|Philippe Chagnon Larose||Université de Montreal|
|Mackenzie Ruehl||University of California – Davis|
|Denae Campanale||University of Florida|
|Kaitlin Iulo||University of Georgia|
|Stipe Vicente Jelovcic||University of Guelph|
|Joseph Cacioppo||University of Illinois|
|Ariel Carlson||University of Minnesota|
|Carissa Nicole Cruz||University of Missouri|
|Tara Stonex||University of Pennsylvania|
|Samantha Wong||University of Prince Edward Island|
|Tim Donihee||University of Saskatchewan|
|Marston Jones||University of Tennessee|
|Samuel Emmerich||University of Wisconsin|
|Adrienne Bush||VA-MD Reg. College of Vet Med|
|Nick Larson||Washington State University|
|Laura Philbin||Western University of Health Sciences|
WVC is proud to present the Dr. Jack Walther Leadership Award, recognizing veterinary students who portray leadership and promote a lifelong service to the profession. This annual award is bestowed upon 36 DVM Students from accredited veterinary colleges and schools, who are actively involved and show long-term leadership potential. Additionally, two Veterinary Technician students are selected to receive the Award via NAVTA. Please see below for requirements to be considered for this Award. Contact WVC at 866.800.7326 with questions.
- Applications are accepted from third year veterinary students attending accredited North American universities and colleges and fourth year veterinary students attending the Université de Montréal Faculté de Médecine Vétérinaire.
- Veterinary Technicians are requested to contact NAVTA for details.
- Students must be able to attend the WVC Annual Conference to receive the award as a third year student.
- Recipients receive a $1,000 cash award, complimentary registration, lodging, airfare, and a daily stipend to attend the 2018 WVC Annual Conference in Las Vegas, Nevada on March 4-8, 2018.
- Each award recipient is also entitled to one additional complimentary registration to a future WVC Annual Conference to be utilized within five years following graduation from veterinary school.
- Apply online – September 18, 2017
- Applications are due – October 31, 2017
- Recipients will be announced – December 4, 2017
- WVC Annual Conference – March 4-8, 2018